Monday, February 16, 2015

Set your goals carefully - Small achievement better than big fail!

After my first 15km, I was pretty sure that I can do marathon. Achievements make you so happy and inspire for another challenges. With each next successful workout comes, confidence of success in the next one. But what happens when you can't?

To try something new, is already jump ouside of you comfort zone, and if you are brave enough and decided to participate in competitions, it is already "crazy" level! It is enough to taste once, and you don't want to stop anymore: half marathons, marathons, bosphorus, triathlon. Goal set -> goal achieved -> Pleasure! But how do you feel if you failed, if you are not so confident in success any more?

More goals = More achievements = More pleasure, right? What are another goals, let's see, pull-ups, push-ups, faster marathon, why not! And let's be serious, marathon in 3 hours, 100 push-ups and 50 pull-ups and to lose some weight in between. Because there is one more free hour in your schedule. The best use of it, is accomplishing another goal! Even better would be to find few more hours and add few more goals!



Gip.is provides 3 opions to chose from: easy, normal and hard. Usually I take easy and progress even better, this time. somewhy I decided to take hard one. Gip.is promised 3:09 for the end of traning period, I thought that with some additional effort from my side I could run it in 3 hours, 9 minutes are not a lot, right?

50 pull-ups are not 50 sit-ups, but there is a plan, which says that it is possible, if possible, than I'll do it, because believe in success is so strong....

...

  • Hm, I couldn't keep required pace... For the fists time... Unpleasantly... probably I've eaten something bad. Next time I'll be more carefull...
  • According to the plan, on the first lap I have to do 32 pull-ups, and I do not believe in it even before I started... How can I do it, if yesterday, with all waves I could do only 27...
  • I understand that would be nice to loose some weight before the marathon , but I want something sweat so much....
  • Morning! Today I have 5 laps of pull-ups (average 20 pull-ups each), and one hour interval running in 4 min/кm... I feel so lazy....

...

I really don't like loosing, promicing and do not doing... But some time to do for "not to lose" is much much harder that accept that "I failed". That moment, doesn't matter what you are doing, you feel bad.

What did I want: Increase amount of emotions by increasing amount of achievements by increasing amoun of goals.
What did I get : Lost of motivation and feeling of failer after each workout not as good as in plan.

Outcome: Your plan should not be easy, but you shoud be able to do even better that there. Than will be easy to keep it and you'll feel happy doing more. 24 hours a day can not be filled 100% (at least I can't), leave some free time there. you never know how do you feel. If you got in the situation I descibed before - double check your expectations!

No comments:

Post a Comment