Saturday, January 17, 2015

Running on the ice

Have you ever had the chance to run on the ice? Do not considering puddles. Today was my first time!

It is believed that running on the ice is true check of your running technice efficiency. Sprinters may not be interested in it, cause they need speed, but stiers might want to try at least once.

The main reason why you being a stier should try it is that this type of running exagerates all your mistakes, gaps and weaks. If you need an experienced coach to tell you about your running mistakes on the road, because on your own you don't feel them, on the ice you'll be able to feel each and every... but you still need a coach to tell you how to fix that :).

Before you've decided to try this semi-extrimal activity, make sure you have all you need - gypsum and analgesic winter running shoes with spikes!



You may be wrong, thinking that relief sole of simple shoes is good enough. Do not rysk. I used my chance and bought Asics Arctic with replaceable spikes set. Now I'm torturing them with pleasure :).

Before my ice running I thought that with my spikes I'll run on ice like on the road, and feel each of them as ice is solid and spikes are long enough... And I was wrong in both cases. Ice is ice even with spikes and you can easyly slip there, and Asics sole is tough enough to distribute the load and let me run comfortably.





This is how "The ice road" looks like:



As result I got that I have to increase a bit running angle and learned on the own mistake where runner should wear those shoes with spikes: Don't do it at home! Take care of your linoleum/flooring/tile or whatever you have there in your house! Put them on outside! And if you want to skip this part with making strange noise on the street - do it in the park, right before the workout!



No comments:

Post a Comment