Saturday, September 21, 2013

My first race: 87 - 26:00

Hello!

Due to small push from my friends I got to my first running race. Yes, everything is serious. This is not simple morning workout - this is race, as serious race, as it in general can be in our small country. The organizers proudly announced that this is the last step before republic competitions on sprint distance which were going to be 19th October.

Event took place in one of Chisinau parks - Valea Trandafirilor (I've never been there before, beautiful place). There were a lot of people, more than I expected, I guess more than 100, and few different distances - 1k, 3k and 6k (runkeeper said that actually there were 5.3k). As future marathon runner, I was interested in the longest distance - 6k, and my first ever number is 87!



Actually my plan was the following - if all participants are faster and more experienced - I'll spare them from the sour taste of defeat, but I'll do my best to avoid this. Finally I managed to avoid this :). Unfortunately I don't know my exact place (didn't wait until the official end, went to steam-bath), but it was my personal record: 5.3к in 26 min, it turns out that my pace was less than 5 min/кm. Approximately my result is between 40 and 50 from 60 :).

And here are few photos :). As you can see me as photographer is worse than runner, but - this is everything I have :).




BTW, I was running together with Sporter.md team. They had their own photographer, which took much more photos than me. And caught me as well - in yellow tshirt :)

Opening.

Start.

Finish.

P.S. Sorry for my English. 

No comments:

Post a Comment